Wednesday 6 March 2013

Weight Watchers

I decided to join Weight Watchers on Saturday.

For the most part I'd been counting calories for the past 8 weeks, but I find it tedious.  I'd been considering Weight Watchers for a while now because I like the idea of their point system.

I do find it a bit easier, but I am confused as to why fruits are not given point values (even bananas!).  Maybe it's the diabetic in me, but I feel like I NEED to acknowledge that fruit has sugar and therefore calories.  Weight Watchers considers it a "free" food (although they do state that they expect it to be consumed in moderation). 

Anyway, today's weigh in is going back in the right direction:  174.8.  I think it is mostly due to losing the bloat from "that time of the month" because I certainly made some very bad choices this past week (*ahem* family dinner with gravy-covered meat and potatoes and not one but TWO decadent desserts *ahem*).

But I am staying on top of my exercise routine and I have to say that I am very impressed with myself in that department.  Tomorrow I begin the last phase of Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution and on cardio days I have been on the treadmill following the "Couch to 5K" running plan (I just finished week 3 of that).  I'm thinking of entering myself into some charity runs in order to motivate myself to continue running throughout the summer. 

Ahhh summer.... I can't wait for this snow to be gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment